Campfire Audio Polaris 2 Hybrid Dual Drivers IEM Earphones
Like a beacon, Campfire Audio Polaris monitor earphones have been a guiding light in the audio world, and now it is time to introduce the fully revamped Polaris 2. Campfire Audio have taken this special IEM earphone back to the drawing board and completely reworked its design, except the hybrid driver configuration. Changes to the Polaris 2 include new drivers, stunning facelift, updated Litz cable and MMCX connectors, and a premium leather case.
This is an all-new Polaris equipped with a larger dynamic driver and updated balanced armature driver residing in a unique 3D printed shell. Campfire Audio's proprietary acoustic technologies T.A.E.C. and Polarity Tuned Chamber allow the tuning and placement of each driver to ensure maximum sonic efficiency while maintaining cohesive presentation. Polaris 2expresses a powerful sound that is simultaneously warm, natural, and detailed making it ideal for modern music.
Campfire Audio have also updated their original silver-plated Litz cable with a smart Smoky jacket that compliments the visual aspect of the Polaris 2. A change to the earhook design on the cable now replaces the memory wire for an even more lightweight and comfortable experience.
Polaris 2 features two unique acoustic technologies: T.A.E.C. and Polarity Tuned Chamber. The Polarity Tuned Chamber combines with a 9.2mm dynamic driver and does the heavy lifting while the T.A.E.C. paired with a balanced armature for that classic Campfire Audio sparkle.
Based on the classic Campfire Audio profile, Polaris 2 features a cerulean blue anodized finish with black PVD Screws. Black stainless steel spout and machined aluminium body are paired with a custom beryllium/copper insulated round MMCX connector. This is an earphone that is meant to last.
Complimenting the unique visual aspect of the Polaris 2 earphones, Campfire Audio have wrapped their twisted silver-plated copper Litz cable in a stylish Smoky sheath for a light-weight cable that is ideal for everyday use. A new moulded earhook section replaces the previous memory wire design.
Custom MMCX Connectors
To eliminate the traditional shortcomings of the connection and harnesses all of its benefits Campfire have added custom round Beryllium Copper MMCX connectors. Beryllium Copper provides a robust mating mechanism, one that is typically made from soft brass.
Designed and Assembled in USA
Each unit is assembled by hand by a small team of highly skilled craftspeople. From driver to body each component part is carefully examined and tested. After each unit is built, it is placed into a pairing pool, where it finds its ideal sonic match.
- Earphone Type: Hybrid in-ear monitors (IEM)
- BA Driver Unit: Single Balanced Armature High-Frequency Driver with Tuned Acoustic Expansion Chamber (T.A.E.C.)
- Dynamic Driver Unit: 8.5mm Dynamic Driver with Polarity Tuned Chamber
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 97.5dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 16.8Ω @ 1kHz
- Connector: Beryllium copper MMCX
- Earphone Type: Hybrid in ear monitors (IEM)
- BA Driver Unit: Single Balanced Armature + T.A.E.C
- Dynamic Driver Unit: 9.2mm Dynamic Driver with Polarity Tuned Chamber
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 105dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 17Ω @ 1kHz
- Connector: Round Beryllium copper MMCX
- Fully refreshed and improved 2019 version
- Hybrid balanced armature and dynamic driver in ear monitors
- Warm, natural and detailed sound with rich and impactful bass
- 9.2mm dynamic driver and single balanced armature driver
- Precision machined aluminium housing with Cerulean blue anodized finish
- Black PVD screws and black stainless steel spout
- Smoky jacket tangle-resistant silver-plated copper Litz cable
- Formed earhook section without memory wire
- Updated round Beryllium copper MMCX connectors
- Designed and assembled in Portland, Oregon